Yes, we’re a little biased, but it’s hard to find another who is consistently showing us how to live life to the fullest. Here is a list of some of the many things our Dad exhibits on a daily basis!
- There is always room for grace. Always. If someone made a mistake, hurt you, or is just plain being a selfish, grace is always part of the solution, if not THE solution.
- Listen. Be it with a smile on your face or a concerned brow, listen to understand not just to fix it and move on to the next thing.
- Be humble. When life is really amazing and everything you have worked hard for is finally happening, don’t brag about it.
- Stewardship. You have been blessed! Whether it be with little or much, care for what you have to the absolute best of your ability.
- Show some respect. Respect your elders, yourself, others, and respect the blessings you have been given and the God who gave them to you.
- Work for it. If something is important to you (even something small) and you want it to be successful, you’d better work. Hard.
- Lead by example. Your family and the people around you are watching. Through good times and especially the bad times, every one of us is an example whether we like it or not. Make the choice to be a positive one!
- Pray. Even if you think you are in control, the simple fact of the matter is you’re not. But you have the ear of Someone who is, a Savior who can help you get through whatever mess you have gotten yourself into.
Now, whether we can actually live up to our father’s legacy is to be seen! I believe one of the reasons this man is such an inspiration is because people see his heart on a daily basis. A heart that above all else strives to follow his Lord, the ultimate and perfect Father. As a family, we are very thankful to have been blessed with such a solid, encouraging, caring man of God!
Happy Fathers Day!!