Whoop whoop! Our first blogging award nomination!
Thank you so much to Claudia of Old Country Girl for nominating our little blog! She has a wonderful blog with lots of yummy traditional German recipes as well some super adorable crafty ideas! Go check out her blog!
According to WordPress this will be our 50th blog post since we began our journey back in May! I still can’t believe we manage to post twice a week and still have stuff to talk about. Thanks for sticking with us everyone, we’re having a ball and we hope you are too! This makes us feel like real, live bloggers, so it seems fitting to celebrate our 50th post with this nomination!
1. Show the award on your blog
2. Thank the person that has nominated you
3. Share seven different facts about yourself
4. Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
5. Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
7 facts about us!
1. We are a Aunt/Niece blogging team. Though technically we are not blood related (she is my father’s brother’s wife) , everyone says we look SO much alike, which I take as a complement!
2. Ruth (my aunt) is a fabulous cook and develops all the recipes you see on this blog. I just taste them to make sure they are up to code. 😉
3. My role is the “farm girl” even though if you met me on the street you wouldn’t peg me as one. Growing up on our farm has given me a great childhood full of memories and a healthy respect for the hard work farmers do daily.
4. Our “new” store has been open for a little over a year and a half. We had a small one on the farm before, but we are having so much fun with the upgraded version!
5. I have the coolest pair of jobs ever. For the first half of the day I get to hang out in our store making coffee and chatting about cheese. The second half is spent running my own business (runs in the family I guess?) as an airbrush makeup artist! I spend lots of time with brides and on photo shoot locations just making ladies feel stunning. It’s the best 🙂 If you are interested in seeing more of what I do, check out my website here! Gotta throw a plug in there somewhere!
6. Aunt Ruth’s hobby is something a little different. She absolutely loves Photoshop! Cool right? I would love to Photoshop a pretty girl into a sunset or something, but does she do that? No. She puts eyeballs in people’s mouths and turns Jake into a twin.
7. If you have had the chance to to get to know both of us in person, you may notice something odd. It’s the running joke with the store crew that even though she is my elder, I am the “adult”. Sometimes I don’t like being the adult, then we’re both children and no work gets done at all!
Here are our nominations for this award! All are great, inspiring blogs, with delicious things to try! Check them out and show them some love!
Thanks again for the nomination Claudia! Thank you to everyone else for sticking with us through our first 50 posts!